This monthly virtual creative writing workshop is mixed genre and mixed level. Novice and experienced writers are welcome, and all forms of creative expression are valued.
Participants are invited to submit one piece of writing per workshop meeting of up to five pages in length. At each meeting, we'll have time to workshop 5 - 6 pieces of writing, and works will be discussed in the order they're submitted. Submitting work is not required to attend and participate in the discussion.
Workshop norms and etiquette are as follows:
- Treat all participants with civility and respect.
- Please mute your mic and refrain from commenting in the chatbox when your work is being discussed.
- Comments on others’ work should always be constructive.
- Be aware of how much you’re talking and allow space for others to contribute.
- Creative expressions are welcome; hate speech is not.
To register for the workshop, or for more information, please email CreativeWriting@nolalibrary.org. After registration, you will receive the Zoom link via email.